SOAP4R -- Need Help!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jeff Wood, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. Jeff Wood

    Jeff Wood Guest

    Ok, I've been scrounging around for the last hour to hour and a half
    looking for decent documentation on the Soap4R stuff...

    I have to say, this is a very undocumented thing.

    Anyways, I finally found documentation that explained how to go about
    using Soap4R with a wsdl file.

    I followed the same steps as the example ... and BOOM.

    I'm getting a NameError: Unddefined local variable or method 'h' for
    SOAP::WSDLDriver

    I'm really not understanding why.

    So, the steps I'm following...

    require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
    wsdl=3D"http://web-path-to-necessary-wsdl-file.wsdl"
    factory =3D SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new( wsdl )
    driver =3D factory.createDriver

    ... every thing appears to be working to this point because when I do
    driver.methods I am seeing the additional methods specifically from
    the service I'm trying to test.

    when I try to invoke the service with
    driver.categoryLookup( "", "1" )

    that's when I'm getting the "NameError: undefined local variable or
    method 'h' for #<SOAP::WSDKDriver> ... from wsdlDriver.rb : 539

    ... so, I really don't know what's wrong ... is anybody else running into t=
    his?

    I'm sorry I haven't provided an exact of the script, this is as close
    as I can get without making a mad employer...

    Any help is GREATLY appreciated...

    j.

    --=20
    "So long, and thanks for all the fish"