[SoC][ANN] Ruby Reports 0.4.13 Released

Gregory Brown

== Ruport 0.4.13 ==
The "Lucky Numbers" Edition

== About ==

Ruby Reports is a software library that aims to make the task of
reporting less tedious and painful. It provides tools for data
acquisition, database interaction, formatting, and munging.

== New in this release ==

This release features a revamp of the Report class into a mini DSL. This rolls
database interaction, formatting tools, text filters, email and file support all
into one interface. Additionally a number of bugs were squashed
alongside some substantial code cleanup.

See an example at:
http://ruport.infogami.com/blog/high_level_ruport

== Project News ==

* Why Lucky Numbers?

This is the lucky numbers release!

I'm not sure exactly what that means but here are some numbers:

- 5th release since the start of Google's Summer of Code
- exactly 300 assertions in the unit tests (spooky!)
- 13 for the minor revision number!

* SVN now being mirrored

But on to the real news. We've now migrated to Trac on a third party
ISP, so there are two things to note about our SVN on rubyforge.

1) It's a half hour behind.

and

2) All the commits will show up as dudleyf, but you will see the
actual author in the log messages.

* Open Discussion Tonight

If anyone missed the announcement, we're holding an open discussion
tonight from 23:30 -> 00:30 UTC in the #ruport channel on Freenode.

Fun will be had by all (i hope)

== Installing Ruport ==

it's a gem. it can also be installed via setup.rb

detailed instructions available [1]

=== SVN tag ===

svn://rubyforge.org//var/svn/ruport/tags/rel_0_4_13

=== Project Download Page ===

http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=856

=== Resources ===

[0] http://reporting.stonecode.org
[1] http://ruport.infogami.com/Installation

Please join the mailing list[2] and bombard me with questions,
suggestions, and bug reports. Also feel free to contribute to the
wiki[0]

Also, catch up with us in #ruport on freenode

=== Acknowledgements ===

Dinko Mehinovic for helping me with a Freshmeat automation script and
the usual suspects on the #ruport channel and RubyReports mailing
list.