socket Programming in java Help needed

GMHK

Hi,

I am trying to read the data from the website and modify the data,
using the java programming.
for example: i have a website with some information for example: Age:
24

My core objetive is to modify to the value of age from 24 to 56.

i am trying to solve this problem only with the java networking
package.
can anyone give ideas on how to go about it.

Thanks and Rgds
HariKiran GM

jan V

I am trying to read the data from the website and modify the data, using
the java programming.

You need to exercise patience, and read an introductory book on Java. Don't
run before you can walk.

Robert Klemme

GMHK said:
Hi,

I am trying to read the data from the website and modify the data,
using the java programming.
for example: i have a website with some information for example: Age:
24

My core objetive is to modify to the value of age from 24 to 56.

i am trying to solve this problem only with the java networking
package.
can anyone give ideas on how to go about it.

Thanks and Rgds
HariKiran GM

You can make your life easier by using Apache HTTP Client
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

Then you likely need a HTML parser etc.

Cheers

robert

Thomas G. Marshall

jan V coughed up:
When the OP uses hyper-newbie language like "My core objetive is to
modify to the value of age from 24 to 56." ... I don't think so. He
probably doesn't yet know what a parser is (let him Google for the
definition/background).

Besides, he is likely doing this as a homework assignment, where using an
external package like this is only going to lead to trouble.