    can anyone give ideas on how to go about it.

    Thanks and Rgds
    HariKiran GM
    GMHK, Sep 1, 2005

  2. GMHK

    jan V Guest

    > I am trying to read the data from the website and modify the data, using
    the java programming.

    You need to exercise patience, and read an introductory book on Java. Don't
    run before you can walk.
    jan V, Sep 1, 2005

  3. GMHK wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to read the data from the website and modify the data,
    > using the java programming.
    > for example: i have a website with some information for example: Age:
    > 24
    >
    > My core objetive is to modify to the value of age from 24 to 56.
    >
    > i am trying to solve this problem only with the java networking
    > package.
    > can anyone give ideas on how to go about it.
    >
    > Thanks and Rgds
    > HariKiran GM

    You can make your life easier by using Apache HTTP Client
    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/

    Then you likely need a HTML parser etc.

    Cheers

    robert
    Robert Klemme, Sep 1, 2005
  4. GMHK

    jan V Guest

    > You can make your life easier by using Apache HTTP Client
    > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
    >
    > Then you likely need a HTML parser etc.

    When the OP uses hyper-newbie language like "My core objetive is to modify
    to the value of age from 24 to 56." ... I don't think so. He probably
    doesn't yet know what a parser is (let him Google for the
    definition/background).
    jan V, Sep 1, 2005
  5. jan V coughed up:
    >> You can make your life easier by using Apache HTTP Client
    >> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
    >>
    >> Then you likely need a HTML parser etc.

    > When the OP uses hyper-newbie language like "My core objetive is to
    > modify to the value of age from 24 to 56." ... I don't think so. He
    > probably doesn't yet know what a parser is (let him Google for the
    > definition/background).

    Besides, he is likely doing this as a homework assignment, where using an
    external package like this is only going to lead to trouble.
    Thomas G. Marshall, Sep 1, 2005