    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C/...

    Is that required if a master page is referenced?

    Thanks
    active, Jul 3, 2007

  2. active

    Mark Rae Guest

    " active" <> wrote in message
    news:%...

    >I have a Master page that all other pages reference.
    >
    > When I create a new page I use "New WebForm"
    > Is that correct in this situation?

    If you add a new Web Content Form, you'll be prompted to select its
    MasterPage, and everything will be wired up for you...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae, Jul 3, 2007

  3. active

    active Guest

    Thanks, I had the feeling I was selecting the wrong form.

    active, Jul 3, 2007
  4. active

    active Guest

    The only way I can do that is under "WebSite/Add Content Page" add one at
    the same level as the .Master.

    Nothing sounding like "Content" appears when I click "Add New Item"

    I wanted to store the content pages in a folder.

    I'm pretty sure I can move it and fit so it'll work.

    Is that what I must do?

    I'm using VS2005.

    thanks again

    active, Jul 3, 2007
  5. active

    GroupReader Guest

    There are two types of projects in VS2005: Web Sites and Web
    Application Projects

    In a "Web Site", when adding a new web page, there should be a
    checkbox in the dialog that says something like "select master page".

    In a Web Application Project, you have the choice of adding a "Web
    Page" or a "Web Content Page". The second one allows you to select a
    master page.
    GroupReader, Jul 3, 2007
  6. active

    Mark Rae Guest

    " active" <> wrote in message

    > Is that what I must do?

    1) Right-click on the folder in Project Explorer where you want to add the
    new content page

    2) Click Add

    3) Click New Item

    4) Select Web Content Form

    5) Amend the name of the new content page as required

    6) Click Add

    7) Select the MasterPage you want to use

    8) Click OK

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae, Jul 3, 2007
  7. active

    active Guest

    "GroupReader" <> wrote in message
    > There are two types of projects in VS2005: Web Sites and Web
    > Application Projects
    >
    > In a "Web Site", when adding a new web page, there should be a
    > checkbox in the dialog that says something like "select master page".

    I must have missed it

    thanks

    active, Jul 3, 2007
  8. active