some questions on webpage programming in ASP

shuijiaojiaozhu

1. How can I implement such a requirement?
[menu1][menu2] [add] |----|
[delete] | | <----//<select> like table
of item chosen
[submit] | |
|----|
requirements:
1) Menu1 and menu2 are associated. For example, menu1 shows all the
catagories. when the user chooses a catagory of menu1, menu2 shows the
subcatagories of the catagory chosen.
2) All the catagories and subcatagories (their name, id, and
relations) planed to show in the menu1 and menu2 are stored in the
database, that is, the page is generated by such data.
3) When the user clicks the [add] button, the current catagory and
subcatagory is chosed, and the ids of them are added to the right table
as a item. The table is like a <select></select>, and the item like a
<option></option>. The user may add more than one items to the table.
4) When the user chooses one or more items in the table(use shift or
ctrl + mouse to make a multi-choice), and clicks the [delete] button,
the items chosen are removed from the table.
5) When the user clicks the [submit] button, the items chosen are
packed in some data stucture such as an array or some, and transmited
back to the server.

2. How can I implement such text effect?
In some container, for example, a unit of a table, there's a long
text. But I wanna show 3 lines only, i.e. if overflow, the text should
be cut off, and add "..." at the end.

sleepinglord

Sorry, my English is so poor that there are some grammar mistakes, and
may be not clearly expressed. Please try to understand it. Thanks a lot!