some questions on webpage programming in ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by shuijiaojiaozhu@gmail.com, Jan 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    1. How can I implement such a requirement?
    [menu1][menu2] [add] |----|
    [delete] | | <----//<select> like table
    of item chosen
    [submit] | |
    |----|
    requirements:
    1) Menu1 and menu2 are associated. For example, menu1 shows all the
    catagories. when the user chooses a catagory of menu1, menu2 shows the
    subcatagories of the catagory chosen.
    2) All the catagories and subcatagories (their name, id, and
    relations) planed to show in the menu1 and menu2 are stored in the
    database, that is, the page is generated by such data.
    3) When the user clicks the [add] button, the current catagory and
    subcatagory is chosed, and the ids of them are added to the right table
    as a item. The table is like a <select></select>, and the item like a
    <option></option>. The user may add more than one items to the table.
    4) When the user chooses one or more items in the table(use shift or
    ctrl + mouse to make a multi-choice), and clicks the [delete] button,
    the items chosen are removed from the table.
    5) When the user clicks the [submit] button, the items chosen are
    packed in some data stucture such as an array or some, and transmited
    back to the server.

    2. How can I implement such text effect?
    In some container, for example, a unit of a table, there's a long
    text. But I wanna show 3 lines only, i.e. if overflow, the text should
    be cut off, and add "..." at the end.

    , Jan 20, 2006

  2. sleepinglord Guest

    Sorry, my English is so poor that there are some grammar mistakes, and
    may be not clearly expressed. Please try to understand it. Thanks a lot!

    sleepinglord, Jan 20, 2006