    or the pictures or anything else.

    Is there something that has to get done so 2003 will write the tables
    properly??

    Johnfli, May 2, 2006

  2. Johnfli wrote:
    > I currently have my website on a NT4 box, all pages work fine.
    > I am working on moving it over to a win200k web edition server.
    > I have my connection to my SQL working, copied all the pages to the
    > new machine without making ANY changes to the pages.
    > Now when my .asp page queries the database, it takes forever for it to
    > return any data, and not only does it display incorrectly, it does it
    > without putting anything in any of the tables that the data is
    > suppose to be in.
    >
    > I have the data displayed in a table so it's all nice and neat, but
    > the table is not being written. When I view the source code after
    > the data is returned, it only has the data from the database, no
    > mention of any tables, or the pictures or anything else.
    >
    > Is there something that has to get done so 2003 will write the tables
    > properly??

    Suggestions:

    Use SQL Profiler to verify that the proper queries are being executed by the
    SQL Server

    Use a tool such as described here to track what is going on:
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 2, 2006

  3. Johnfli

    Johnfli Guest

    I will try that, but that still doesn't explain why the rest of the page
    isn't being displayed.

    Johnfli, May 2, 2006
  4. Johnfli

    Patrice Guest

    As you won't have any DB data in your page my guess would be that you have
    some kind of error that gets unnoticed. As suggested SQL profiler would be a
    good start to see if the right DB is hit and if the query is supposed to
    return data...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, May 2, 2006
  5. Johnfli

    Mike Brind Guest

    Building on Patrice's reply, if there is an ado error, sometimes when
    writing to tables, the error is only visible in View Source. This is
    because the table cell or row doesn't finish rendering. I know you
    have already viewed source, and you can't see any tables being
    rendered, but it may just be worth a closer inspection.

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, May 2, 2006
  6. Johnfli

    Johnfli Guest

    There are not any errors, I did go to the web page suggested and ran what it
    said, everything works fine.
    As far as viewing the source code: I have done that, and not only does it
    not draw any of the tables it is suppose to, it does not display any of the
    other information that would be displayed before it even gets to the tables.

    Johnfli, May 2, 2006
  7. Johnfli

    Johnfli Guest

    it also doesn't even display the response.write I entered for it to show my
    the sql query it is running.

    Johnfli, May 2, 2006
  8. Johnfli

    Patrice Guest

    Does it work if you just Response.Write something at the very beginning and
    then Response.End to terminate ? From there you should be able to find out
    by trials and displays at which point it seems to stop.

    If it doesn't work at all seems like you see something cached or you don't
    run the expected page...

    Good luck.

    Patrice, May 3, 2006
  9. Johnfli

    Johnfli Guest

    Actaully, I found that it is somethign my loop is doing to display teh data.
    If I comment out teh absolute page line, the page displays, only one page of
    data, but it is at least showing that it partially works. Please see the
    post I made about "Current Recordset...."

    Johnfli, May 3, 2006
  10. Johnfli

    Mike Brind Guest

    So how did you finally get the error to show?

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, May 3, 2006