Something very simple

Alxyz

Dear all,

I am getting crazy over something that must be very stupid. I have this
simple piece of html code:

<head>
#Logo { font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size=600%; text-align:
center; }
#Logo2 { position: relative; left: -0.50em; }
--></style>
<title>Sample</title>
</head>

As you can see I want to draw second "O" on top of the first. It is
rendered as expected under IE. It _does not_ apply font parameters
(bigger font size) under Mozilla. My question is: WHY?

Thanks a lot,
Alex

Mark Parnell

^^^^
Lose this cargo cult rubbish.
#Logo { font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size=600%; text-align:
^
Invalid. CSS uses : not =. The CSS validator
(http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/) would have told you that. :)
center; }
#Logo2 { position: relative; left: -0.50em; }
--></style>
^^^
As above with the cargo cult.

BTW: I assume this is a work in progress, but it is generally
better/easier to keep your CSS in a separate file.

HTH

Stephen T. Fox

In Alxyz <[email protected]> typed:
:| Dear all,
:|
:| I am getting crazy over something that must be very stupid. I have
:| this simple piece of html code:
:|
:| <html>
:| <head>
:| <style type="text/css"><!--
:| #Logo { font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size=600%;

Right here.......font-size doesn't "=" it should be font-size:600%; It
works in all three, but has much more headspace in NN and Moz. Go figure.

text-align: center; }
:| #Logo2 { position: relative; left: -0.50em; }
:| --></style>
:| <title>Sample</title>
:| </head>
:| <body>
:| </body>
:| </html>
:|
:| As you can see I want to draw second "O" on top of the first. It is
:| rendered as expected under IE. It _does not_ apply font parameters
:| (bigger font size) under Mozilla. My question is: WHY?
:|
:| Thanks a lot,
:| Alex

It usually is. It took me a while (duh), but I eventually got it.

Alxyz

Stephen said:
[...]

Thanks, Stephen, I fixed it yesterday (following the advice of Mark
Parnell) and am quite happy now superimposing various pieces of words
together. It is not ideal, because the font rendering seems to differ in
IE & Moz, but it is precise to 1-2 pixels, which I suppose is good
enough. Both browsers do not do much kerning, so even such non-ideal
adjustments may be used to produce a lot better output. You can (if you
want) have a look at the little bit that I've done so far, it seems to
behave well both in IE & Moz: http://pichugin.chat.ru/ptahh.html

Sorry, but it is cyrillic ;)

Best wishes,
Alex