    M Kumar Guest

    .... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
    inconvenience/spurious note.
    M Kumar, Sep 28, 2003

  2. M Kumar

    Simon Biber Guest

    "M Kumar" <> wrote:
    > ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
    > inconvenience/spurious note.

    This apology note should have been sent as a reply to the original
    spurious post, to avoid creating yet another thread.

    --
    Simon.
    Simon Biber, Sep 28, 2003

  3. [OT] Re: sorry about "xyz"

    Greetings.

    In article <>, M Kumar wrote:
    > ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
    > inconvenience/spurious note.

    No need to apologize; just cancel the original article next time. (There is
    a Cancel FAQ in case your newsreader does not provide this functionality
    directly.)

    --
    _
    Tristan Miller, Sep 29, 2003
  4. M Kumar

    Default User Guest

    Simon Biber wrote:

    > "M Kumar" <> wrote:
    > > ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
    > > inconvenience/spurious note.

    > This apology note should have been sent as a reply to the original
    > spurious post, to avoid creating yet another thread.

    He's posting from groups.google, where a change in topic is treated as a
    new thread. Stupid, but that's the way it is.

    Brian Rodenborn
    Default User, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Re: [OT] Re: sorry about "xyz"

    On 29 Sep, in message <>
    Tristan Miller <> wrote:

    >Greetings.
    >
    >In article <>, M Kumar wrote:
    >> ... I hit "post" when I meant to hit "preview". Sorry for the
    >> inconvenience/spurious note.

    >No need to apologize; just cancel the original article next time. (There is
    >a Cancel FAQ in case your newsreader does not provide this functionality
    >directly.)

    Most, if not all, news servers don't support the cancel operation as
    spammers were cancelling legitimate articles and replacing them with
    spam.

    Yours,

    Phil L.
    --
    http://www.philipnet.com http://director.sourceforge.net
    The From address is valid, but anything over 32k is deleted by the server
    Philip Ludlam, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Re: [OT] Re: sorry about "xyz"

    Philip Ludlam <> spoke thus:

    > Most, if not all, news servers don't support the cancel operation as
    > spammers were cancelling legitimate articles and replacing them with
    > spam.

    Indeed, I have inadvertently posted stupid things here and failed utterly in
    my attempts to cancel the posts :(

    --
    Christopher Benson-Manica | Jumonji giri, for honour.
    ataru(at)cyberspace.org |
    Christopher Benson-Manica, Sep 30, 2003
  7. M Kumar

    Dan Pop Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: sorry about "xyz"

    In <blcdsj$83e$> Christopher Benson-Manica <> writes:

    >Philip Ludlam <> spoke thus:
    >
    >> Most, if not all, news servers don't support the cancel operation as
    >> spammers were cancelling legitimate articles and replacing them with
    >> spam.

    >Indeed, I have inadvertently posted stupid things here and failed utterly in
    >my attempts to cancel the posts :(

    Yup, there is no valid substitute for engaging your brain *before*
    deciding that your article is ready to be posted.

    Dan
    --
    Dan Pop
    DESY Zeuthen, RZ group