Sorry, it was too early to release it

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by jacob navia, Sep 28, 2009.

  1. jacob navia

    jacob navia Guest

    As many of you have noticed, I have done everything wrongf with this
    "release" of teh code of the container library:

    (1) I mixed up the files when posting and I posted a wrong version of
    the software instead of the correct one.

    (2) I have been working "porting" the software and eliminating
    all lcc-specifics What I should have known obviously is that
    I could introduce BUGS this way and I should test everything
    again. For instance,
    lcc-win accepts references that are pointers that you
    access with the '.' notation. To easy the port, I replaced
    this with a pass by value of a list structure.

    BUT obviously too, if I pass by value a structure, it
    can't be modified in the called function, so functions like
    Add() fail to update the count of the list.

    I apologize to everybody here for the time lost. I need to get
    back to the drawing board, pass ALL the unit tests, and document
    everything AGAIN...

    Again, I apologize to everybody for the trouble I may have provoked.

    jacob
    jacob navia, Sep 28, 2009

  2. jacob navia

    David RF Guest

    On 28 sep, 19:21, jacob navia <> wrote:

    > Again, I apologize to everybody for the trouble I may have provoked.

    No troubles at least for me, but (since is a large piece of code), why
    don't you use a pastebin? p.e http://codepad.org/
    David RF, Sep 28, 2009

  3. jacob navia

    Flash Gordon Guest

    jacob navia wrote:

    <snip>

    > Again, I apologize to everybody for the trouble I may have provoked.

    Honest mistakes happen and are not a problem.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon, Sep 28, 2009
  4. jacob navia

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > In
    > <>,
    > David RF wrote:
    >
    >> On 28 sep, 19:21, jacob navia <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Again, I apologize to everybody for the trouble I may have
    >>> provoked.

    >> No troubles at least for me, but (since is a large piece of code),
    >> why don't you use a pastebin? p.e http://codepad.org/

    > No archives.

    Also at least some people are less likely to go there to grab the code
    than to simply grab it off the post.

    I don't think Jacob's code was too large for posting here.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Flash Gordon, Sep 28, 2009
  5. jacob navia

    user923005 Guest

    On Sep 28, 10:21 am, jacob navia <> wrote:
    > As many of you have noticed, I have done everything wrongf with this
    > "release" of teh code of the container library:
    >
    > (1) I mixed up the files when posting and I posted a wrong version of
    > the software instead of the correct one.
    >
    > (2) I have been working "porting" the software and eliminating
    >     all lcc-specifics What I should have known obviously is that
    >     I could introduce BUGS this way and I should test everything
    >     again. For instance,
    >     lcc-win accepts references that are pointers that you
    >     access with the '.' notation. To easy the port, I replaced
    >     this with a pass by value of a list structure.
    >
    >     BUT obviously too, if I pass by value a structure, it
    >     can't be modified in the called function, so functions like
    >     Add() fail to update the count of the list.
    >
    > I apologize to everybody here for the time lost. I need to get
    > back to the drawing board, pass ALL the unit tests, and document
    > everything AGAIN...
    >
    > Again, I apologize to everybody for the trouble I may have provoked.

    It prompted some intersting discussion.

    Once it is completed, it seems a very useful tool set.
    user923005, Sep 28, 2009