Sort Gridview by columns

keithb

I have a working ASP.NET 2.0 application that uses a GridView control. How
can I enable the feature that allows a user to click on a column heading and
sort the contents by the information in that column?

Thanks,

Keith

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Keith,

Your problem is probably more complex than this, but for starters... When
you set the GridView's allowsorting property to True, does sorting come on?

<asp:gridview id="GridView1" runat="server" allowsorting="True">

Could you show us the code that isn't working?

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]