Sort list via client code only

Guest

I have to display a sortable list of columns(a table or so) - by click on the title of a column the column would be to criteria to sort by
I know datagrid is very conveniant, but I want to save the round trip to the server
Is there other way to use ASP.NET server controls(maybe the datagrid itself) to have an easy databound from one hand and client sort from second
May be a technique that tranform a XSL on datagrid result

For now all I could think of is to send XML to the cliend using response.write like with traditinal asp, and transor
a different xsl via the client DOM

I would be glad to here better suggestion to save the round trip
If there aren't , I would be glad to be noted on a good article that explains how to implement the XML/XSL technique
thank