sorting nodes by date in XSL

andy

I have a series of xml nodes like the following...

<MatchedItem>
<DateMatched>2008-03-23T03:15:33.84375+00:00</DateMatched>
<Url>http://www.mininova.org/get/1264031</Url>
<PatternMatched>
<PatternString>daily.show</PatternString>
<MatchOnce>false</MatchOnce>
</PatternMatched>
<Title>Jon Stewart &amp; Daily Show - America - A Citizen's Guide
to Democracy Inaction [MakeGreatMusic.Net (5S/0L)</Title>
<FeedName>Mininova</FeedName>
<Size>78.022</Size>
</MatchedItem>

I would like to group nodes by the date, specifically I would like all
the nodes that have the day to be together in a html table when you view
the xml file in browser.

Could someone give me some pointers as to how to achieve this ?.

Any help appreciated.

Martin Honnen

andy said:
I would like to group nodes by the date, specifically I would like all
the nodes that have the day to be together in a html table when you view
the xml file in browser.

Could someone give me some pointers as to how to achieve this ?.

If you use XSLT 2.0 (e.g. with Saxon or Gestalt or AltovaXML) then you
have support for xs:date and xs:dateTime data types and you have
xsl:for-each-group to group.

With XSLT 1.0 you need to use Muenchian grouping:
<URL:http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping/index.xml>