SOS - SourceSafe

Kenny

Hi,

How a project can be simultanously working by 2 or more person? It looks to
me the Re-compile is compiling for the whole project..
If I check out 1 page and you check out one page.. Then I recompile and
upload to SOS and you recompile again and upload to SOS, will my changes
lost?

Thanks,
Kenny

Chris Jackson

Well, with SourceSafe you don't typically host the binaries - you host the
source code. Each person can check out a file and work on it, and when all
is said and done you have a single machine do the build after you Get Latest
Version. Each individual person can also Get Latest Version if they need to
test against the latest bits on the server.