    Thank You,
    Himanshu

    , Mar 18, 2008

  2. Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth :

    > Could you tell me which file in the perl sources has the source
    > code for the perl open function, please.

    In 5.8 and 5.10, the actual open function is pp_open in pp_sys.c, but
    the bulk of the work is done by Perl_do_openn in doio.c. Note that
    understanding either of these functions will require a working knowledge
    of the perl5 internals: the perl source makes heavy use of macros, which
    often do things you weren't entirely expecting.

    Ben

    Ben Morrow, Mar 18, 2008