    When having a look at the page I get an input field that's not empty. It
    seems that there are 6 spaces as value. Does someone have an idea how to fix
    it?Doesn't matter if FF or IE.Thanks a lotMalo
    Malo Rox, Feb 3, 2009

  2. Malo Rox

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 03 Feb 2009, "Malo Rox" <> wrote:

    > Hi NG!
    >
    > I have a very unbelieveable 'error'...
    >
    > Source:
    >
    > <input type="password" name="passwortEins" id="passwortEins"
    > style="width:300px" value="" /></td>
    > When having a look at the page I get an input field that's not empty.
    > It seems that there are 6 spaces as value. Does someone have an idea
    > how to fix it?Doesn't matter if FF or IE.Thanks a lotMalo

    Re password inputs: "Note that the current value is the text entered by
    the user, not the text rendered by the user agent."

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/
    Neredbojias, Feb 3, 2009

  3. Malo Rox

    Malo Rox Guest

    "Neredbojias" <> schrieb

    > Re password inputs: "Note that the current value is the text entered by
    > the user, not the text rendered by the user agent."

    Thanks a lot. Strange thing, but it works like you told me :)

    ....Malo
    Malo Rox, Feb 4, 2009
  4. Malo Rox wrote:

    > "Neredbojias" <> schrieb
    >
    >> Re password inputs: "Note that the current value is the text entered
    >> by the user, not the text rendered by the user agent."

    > Thanks a lot. Strange thing, but it works like you told me :)

    I wonder what really happened, and you supplied no URL, but the odds are
    that when you enter a page with a "password" input field, your browser
    automatically fills in data that you had provided on some page containing a
    "password" input field with the same name. This might be taken as a useful
    feature, or as a serious security risk, or a combination thereof.

    For a more detailed analysis, some facts (URL, browser(s) used) are needed.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 4, 2009