Spanish characters problem

Leon

Hi everybody.

I am using streamreader to show spanish .htm page on my website.
Unfortunately those spanish characters that have stresses on top (like: Ó,á,
....) do not show correctly. Is there any way to overcome this problem?

Juan T. Llibre

If you want .htm files to be governed by ASP.NET's rules,
you need to map the .htm extension to the asp.net isapi dll.

You will also need to configure the globalization settings :

<globalization
requestEncoding="iso-8859-1"
responseEncoding="iso-8859-1"
fileEncoding="iso-8859-1"
/>

Leon

Juan. Thanks a lot for your help.
I added globalization section to my web.config. For some reason right now it
shows ? instead of those characters. Do you know what am I still missing?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I added globalization section to my web.config. For some reason right now it
!> shows ? instead of those characters. Do you know what am I still missing?

Mapping the .htm extension to the ASP.NET isapi ... ?

Leon

Juan.
Can you prompted me how to do it?
I went to IIS, selected my home application folder, went to properties then
directory configuration.
When I was trying to add new mapping, 'Ok' button is always disabled. I am
not sure what I am doing wrong. BTW I logged in as Administrator to my box.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Can you prompt me how to do it?

Open the IIS Manager, click on your application's name under "Default Web Site",
select "Properties" and then "Configuration".

Click "Add", and paste "drive:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll"
in the "executable" textbox ( substitute the actual boot drive letter for "drive" ).

Then, write ".htm" ( no quotes, but include the dot ) in the "extension" textbox,
and OK your way out of that dialog.

That should do it.

Leon

Juan. That's exactly what I was doing and for some reason 'Ok' button stays
disabled and I cannot click it. I am not sure what could be the problem?