    I mean user will see test1.aspx page for a while (5 second) and then
    redirect to the other page i.e. test1.aspx automatically.

    I thought it could be easily if it is a WebForm, not a MobileForm.

    Sara T., Oct 16, 2004

  2. Sara T.

    JuanDG Guest

    I think you mean Splash instead of spash.....(Typo??)

    Anyways there's an easy way to do this in mobile web forms (easier than the
    JavaScript used for this in web forms).

    Since it's a splash screen you won't be needing any fancy ASP.NET features
    so you don't have to use a mobile web form, instead you can use plain WML.

    let's say you'll call your splash screen "splash.wml" the code you'll put in
    it will be something like this:

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
    "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">

    <wml>

    <card id="Splash" title="Welcome!" ontimer="Index.aspx">
    <timer value="xxx"/>

    Welcome to my Mobile Site!.
    </card>

    </wml>

    The trick is the "ontimer" property of the "card" element and the "timer"
    element inside the card, in the "value" property xxx is the number of
    seconds you want the splash screen to be displayed.

    It works fine if you're aiming for WAP devices, if you're not, let me know
    and we'll work something in xhtml-mp.

    --

    Juan David Gomez A.
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    JuanDG, Oct 19, 2004

  3. Sara T.

    Sara T. Guest

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    But the code is in WML, could you have any coding in ASP.NET with using
    mobile controls.
    Because I still so not know how can I insert some WML script or WML code to
    ASP.NET.

    Best Regards,
    Sara T.

    Sara T., Oct 20, 2004
  4. Sara T.

    JuanDG Guest

    You don't have to insert WML code into ASP.NET!!!!!

    Simply save the code I gave you in a *.wml file, the file will automatically
    redirect the user after a few seconds to your *.aspx file

    if you want to build your splash page in the .NET IDE you can do a little
    trick by constructing the page there and then viewing it in an emulator,
    like Openwave and viewing the wml output generated (in Openwave go to view
    menu then click Source) and copy this output into a *.wml file, add the
    timer code I showed you and you'll have your splash page.

    JuanDG, Oct 25, 2004