    "My parents went to a planet where the dominant
    lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I
    got was this stupid F-shirt." -- seen elsewhere

    Hal Fulton, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Hal Fulton

    Chad Perrin Guest

    On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 03:44:48PM +0900, Hal Fulton wrote:
    > The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
    > the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
    > thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
    > floater from Conway's Game of Life.
    >
    > See http://www.cafepress.com/mathomhouse/6101

    Excellent!

    "The measure on a man's real character is what he would do
    if he knew he would never be found out." - Thomas McCauley

    Chad Perrin, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Hal Fulton

    Mat Schaffer Guest

    On Aug 2, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Hal Fulton wrote:

    > The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
    > the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
    > thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
    > floater from Conway's Game of Life.
    >
    > See http://www.cafepress.com/mathomhouse/6101
    >

    > Cheers,
    > Hal

    I really like that mousepad. Does the money here go to help out any
    projects? Or is it just pure capitalism?
    -Mat

    Mat Schaffer, Aug 3, 2006
  4. Eric Armstrong, Aug 4, 2006
  5. Hal Fulton

    Hal Fulton Guest

    Mat Schaffer wrote:

    > On Aug 2, 2006, at 2:44 AM, Hal Fulton wrote:
    >
    >> The other day in a fit of insomnia I designed
    >> the "Ruby geek" symbol. It's based on ESR's
    >> thing (some of you may cringe). You know, the
    >> floater from Conway's Game of Life.
    >>
    >> See http://www.cafepress.com/mathomhouse/6101
    >>

    >> Cheers,
    >> Hal

    > I really like that mousepad. Does the money here go to help out any
    > projects? Or is it just pure capitalism?

    I was out a few days and just got this.

    I used to donate half to Rubycentral (which amounted
    to nearly nothing anyway).

    I suppose you could say it helps pay for my webhosting and
    my Rubyconf registration.

    Most of my Ruby projects cause people to wrinkle their
    foreheads and say, "Why would you want that?" So there
    seems little point in seeking people to support them
    monetarily. If that's what you meant.

    Hal

    Hal Fulton, Aug 8, 2006