Specifying all files except Login.aspx and Join.aspx are restricted to authenticated users

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by SamIAm, Dec 4, 2003.

  1. SamIAm

    SamIAm Guest

    Hi

    I have the following in my web.config to specify that all my pages require
    authorization:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms
    loginUrl="Login.aspx"
    timeout="60"
    path="/">
    </forms>
    </authentication>

    </authentication>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?" />
    <allow users="*" />
    </authorization>

    I tried to include the following to allow users access to the Join.aspx page
    too:

    <location path="Join.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <deny users="*" />
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </location>

    But the doesn't seem to work.

    How do I allow make all pages restricted except the Join.aspx and Login.aspx
    pages?

    Thanks,

    SamIAm, Dec 4, 2003

  2. SamIAm