Spelling Completion or Code completion in ASP?

ziggs

I have an option box with 50 plus words. When a user tabs to this
field, I would like the user to have the ability to type in the first
few letters of the word and have the field go to the appropriate
value. For example, if values like Jack, Linda, Mark, Melanie,
Melinda, Mona, Nancy, etc were in the option box and the user type
"MEL", the value "Melanie" would be highlighted/selected. As you can
probably guess, "Linda" would be selected in the above example since
"L" was the last letter typed and that's not what I would like.

Anyway, I believe that the feature that I'm looking for is called
Spelling Completion or Code Completion, but I'm not positive. Is
there a way to accomplish this within ASP and/or XML?

TIA

Bob Barrows

ziggs said:
I have an option box with 50 plus words. When a user tabs to this
field, I would like the user to have the ability to type in the first
few letters of the word and have the field go to the appropriate
value. For example, if values like Jack, Linda, Mark, Melanie,
Melinda, Mona, Nancy, etc were in the option box and the user type
"MEL", the value "Melanie" would be highlighted/selected. As you can
probably guess, "Linda" would be selected in the above example since
"L" was the last letter typed and that's not what I would like.

Anyway, I believe that the feature that I'm looking for is called
Spelling Completion or Code Completion, but I'm not positive. Is
there a way to accomplish this within ASP and/or XML?

TIA

This is a client-side coding question so is offtopic for ASP. Please follow
up in a client-side code newsgroup, such as one of the ones that contain
"dhtml" in its name, or one of the .scripting newsgroups, depending on which
language you wish to use in the client.

In the meantime, you might want to look at my dynamic listbox demo available
at
http://www.thrasherwebdesign.com/index.asp?pi=links&hp=links.asp&c=&a=clear

HTH,
Bob Barrows