splice an array into another array

agendum97

MSDN says splice has the following arguments:

arrayObj.splice(start, deleteCount, [item1[, item2[, . . .
[,itemN]]]])

Thus I can insert items into an array using splice. But how do I
insert an entire array? For example:

var arr1 = [];
arr1[0] = "a";
arr2[1] = "d";
var arr2 = [];
arr2[0] = "b";
arr2[1] = "c";
arr1.splice(1, 0, arr2);

Because array arguments in splice dont work like they do in concat,
this expectedly yeilds this for arr1: a,[b,c],d

Without having to use slice and concat which allocates up to three new
arrays, is there anyway to splice one array into another?

Thanks

Richard Cornford

MSDN says splice has the following arguments:

arrayObj.splice(start, deleteCount, [item1[, item2[, . . .
[,itemN]]]])

Thus I can insert items into an array using splice. But
how do I insert an entire array? For example:

var arr1 = [];
arr1[0] = "a";
arr2[1] = "d";
var arr2 = [];
arr2[0] = "b";
arr2[1] = "c";
arr1.splice(1, 0, arr2);

Because array arguments in splice dont work like they do in
concat, this expectedly yeilds this for arr1: a,[b,c],d

Without having to use slice and concat which allocates up to
three new arrays, is there anyway to splice one array into
another?

I suppose something like:-

arr2.unshift(1, 0); //Adding the start and deleteCount
//to the front of arr2.
arr1.splice.apply(arr1, arr2); //Using the resulting array
// as the array of arguments
// for - apply -.

- shoud do it. Though if you still wanted to use arr2 as it was you
would have to shift the first two values out of it again.

Richard.