    Thanks.

    Bye juergen
    , Sep 12, 2007

  2. wrote:

    > I want to split the output of a xslt transformation in different
    > files.
    >
    > I have very big xml input files (for example 50 MB) and want to split
    > it with a xslt trafo.
    > I don't want to split just in the order the data in the file comes.
    > the xslt decides for every data in which file it will be written.
    >
    > Is that even possible?

    XSLT 2.0 allows you to create several result documents with one
    transformation, using the xsl:result-document instruction, see
    <URL:http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#creating-result-trees>.

    With XSLT 1.0 processors you will need to look for an extension, for
    instance Saxon 6 has this:
    <URL:http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.5/xsl-elements.html#xsl:document>

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Sep 12, 2007

  3. The semi-portable XSLT 1.0 solution would be the "redirect" extension
    from the EXSLT package.

    The portable 1.0 solution would be to run serveral transformations, each
    generating just one out the output documents.

    Joseph Kesselman, Sep 12, 2007

    Thanks for the replys. I'll try it.

    Bye juergen
    , Sep 13, 2007
  5. In article <46e83398$1@kcnews01>,
    Joseph Kesselman <> wrote:

    >The semi-portable XSLT 1.0 solution would be the "redirect" extension
    >from the EXSLT package.

    I believe redirect is a Xalan extension. The EXSLT extension is
    exsl:document.

    -- Richard
    in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.
    Richard Tobin, Sep 13, 2007
  6. Richard Tobin wrote:
    > I believe redirect is a Xalan extension. The EXSLT extension is
    > exsl:document.

    Right. That's what I get for not checking. "... But the idea's the
    important thing." (Bonus points to anyone under 25 who recognizes the
    quote.)

    Joe Kesselman, Sep 13, 2007