Sporadic browser lockup on Applet.shoDocument()

Ike

I'm having a problem with a client who is running an applet via a
Citrix thin client. The applet routinely has to spawn another browser
window. However, sporadically, when the the applet goes to do this (in the
showDocument() below (gguser is instance of the applet), the browswer (MSIE)
wherein the gguser applet resides sporadically locks up on this line, and
needs to be killed. This is sporadic, and I think the client may even have
tried other types of browsers. Code is below. Any thoughts on this and a
possible solution are greatly appreciated. -Ike

String surl=
"http://www.ggrip.com/~ggrip/leads.php?uniqueId=-1|-1|12|2006-07-25
Tue|22:09:28|0|1|2022&bb=0&tor=0";
try{ //THE FOLLOWING LINE IS WHERE THINGS BOMB:
gguser.getAppletContext().showDocument(new
java.net.URL(surl),"_blank");
}catch(java.net.MalformedURLException mru){
mru.printStackTrace();

Andrew Thompson

Ike said:
I'm having a problem with a client who is running an applet via a
Citrix thin client. The applet routinely has to spawn another browser
window. However, sporadically, when the the applet goes to do this (in the
showDocument() below (gguser is instance of the applet), the browswer (MSIE)
wherein the gguser applet resides sporadically locks up on this line, and
needs to be killed. This is sporadic, and I think the client may even have
tried other types of browsers. Code is below. Any thoughts on this and a
possible solution are greatly appreciated. -Ike ....
gguser.getAppletContext().showDocument(new
java.net.URL(surl),"_blank");

Does the behaviour persist without the target?

The only thing I can think of, is that there is a clash
with a pop-up blocker installed in the browser.
(Note that even the 'Google Toolbar' is a pop-up
blocker - so the user may have one despite not
realising it.)

Andrew T.

Daniella65