    But when i list with SELECT CITY command there is no error message but the
    process is very slow.

    Can you help me?

    Mustafa Yesilkaya, Jun 30, 2004

  2. Hi Mustafa

    As I came across ur problem there may be some reasons

    Application level: 1. Please check the value for connection timeout attribute in connection string
    2. Check setting for connection timeout in SQL server settings

    Hardware level:
    1 . Your processor speed and RAM may be insufficient to process ur request in time it you have large no of records
    Move the database on a machine having more memory(RAM) than present system

    Hope fully this will help u

    regards

    Anil Pathania

    =?Utf-8?B?QW5pbCBLLiBQYXRoYW5pYQ==?=, Jun 30, 2004

  3. If you are using a SQL Command object, it should have a Timeout Value.
    You can set that.

    One more thing you should do is specify the column names in the select
    list also try to add the WITH (NOLOCK) clause to aviod waiting for locks
    to be released in a table that is being updated. something like

    SELECT COLUMN1, COLUMN2 FROM TABLENAME WITH (NOLOCK)

    HTH

    Trevor Benedict R
    MCSD

    Trevor Benedict R, Jun 30, 2004