SQLClient Classes - Best Practice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mosscliffe, May 10, 2006.

  1. mosscliffe

    mosscliffe Guest

    Can anyone recommend any article which differentiates, between
    all the sqlClient classes. As I am getting confused as to which is the
    best approach, bearing in mind my desire to have efficient access and
    avoid unnecessary trips to the server .

    I suppose my requirements are an 'updateable' RecordSet
    and a 'read only' RecordSet, but the SQLReader seems as though it will
    not work in a paging environment, as it is read forward only.

    If one has a recordset, which consists of two tables - is it possible
    to update that dataset, so that both or either one are updated. Like
    in MSAccess when the datgrid view allows this.

    How is a DataTable different from a DataAdapter ?

    While wanting to release resources with Close or Dispose - what are the
    arguments if say the recordset is to be re-selected with a different
    filter

    Thanks for any help or pointers - Richard
    mosscliffe, May 10, 2006