    this connection to handle the statement? I don't want to do it at
    every page that i have, i want to make changes at the parent
    SQLConnection and that do all the check for me.
    Amar, Jun 10, 2004

  2. There is no readymade event that can help you with this, but you can
    hide the internal connection and expose that connection through another
    class that can handle the event, like if you have an Execute Method on
    the connection, you class should also have this and then validate and
    then call the Execute method the the connection.

    Hope I understood your question in the first place.

    Regards,

    Trevor Benedict R

    Trevor Benedict R, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Amar

    Amar Guest

    The problem is that i don't use any Execute Method, i use it in many
    different ways e.g.

    SqlCommand sCmd = new SqlCommand();
    sCmd.Connection = FormConnection ;
    sCmd.CommandText = "Select whatever....."

    or i use with SqlDataRepeater , or to fill a Dataset..... and so on..

    i have tried to use the StateChangeEventHandler of the connection but
    the .NET MSDB supports for now only Open and Closed states, there are
    some other states like Executing but MSDN declare that (This value is
    reserved for future versions of the product.)!!!!!!!!!!!

    In other words i want to know every object that uses my connection,
    SqlDataDapter or SqlCommand or whatever. I am not sure that this can
    be done, maybe it is impossible, but i want to avoid to check any
    sqlstatement for every page my project has!!

    Thanks again, i hope you understand my english.
    Amar, Jun 10, 2004
  4. You are trying to use the Underlying Object & trap the Event at the same
    time which is not supported. Hence you have to hide the connection
    object inside a class of your own while giving wrapper functions that
    would Execute on the Underlying connection and here you will have the
    ability to extend each method of property call as required.

    Regards,

    Trevor Benedict R

    Trevor Benedict R, Jun 11, 2004