SqlDataAdapter, BC30519: Overload resolution failed because no acc

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FpbGlu?=, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. I am trying to make a connection with my SQL server DB, and I got this error
    message: "BC30519: Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'New'
    can be called without a narrowing conversion". Here is my code.

    sub Page_Load

    dim myConnection as New SqlConnection("Provider=sqloledb;Data
    Source=123456;Initial Catalog=someDB;User Id=23456;Password=somePw;")

    dim myCommand as SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter("SELECT symbol_id,
    symbol_name FROM d_symbol", myConnection)

    sqlDataReader=myCommand.ExecuteReader()
    listbox1.DataSource = sqlDataReader
    listbox1.DataBind()
    sqlDataReader.Close()