sre_parse.py - over-view or explanation needed

Discussion in 'Python' started by korean_dave, May 19, 2008.

  1. korean_dave

    korean_dave Guest

    What does sre_parse.py (Secret Labs' Regular Expression Engine) do?

    I see this referred to in some errors when i call the source()
    function

    (e.g. source(findFile("scripts","thisonehere.py")) )

    The error then refers to name "ImportWarning" not defined?? (<--that
    might be a proprietary warning, as I am running another app on top of
    Python (not really relevant)).

    I am curious how the sre_parse.py module gets involved when neither
    the name or the file has any regular expression or special parse rules
    in it....

    So I guess the first step is understanding sre_parse.py itself. Can
    someone help me on that?

    Thanks.
    korean_dave, May 19, 2008