SSL and Request.ServerVariables

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mark, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi - I am trying to use Request.ServerVariables("SCIPT_NAME") - this is
    ok normally, but when I try to use the script behind SSL - it does not
    pick up the full path to where I am - eg:

    https://sslrel.com/sslcert.mysite.co.uk/Default.asp

    Request.ServerVariables("SCIPT_NAME") in this file, would show:

    https://sslrel.com/Default.asp

    Which makes all my redirects etc - not work!

    Is this a known feature of SSL, or has it just been setup incorrectly?

    Thanks for any help,

    Mark

    Mark, Sep 3, 2004

  2. SCRIPT_NAME wouldn't ever include the http://domain part of the URL. It
    only returns the virtual path to the page that you have loaded, i.e.

    /default.asp
    or
    /somedir/somefile.asp

    See here for getting the full URL. http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2072