    that I'm not sure what to look for, since I'm new to SSL :eek:)

    Best Regards
    Hansen
    Hansen, Sep 7, 2006

  2. Hansen

    Paolo Guest

    You need to know the messages that SSL uses, and then open a tcp
    connection to the appropriate port, which is 443. You need to have
    private and public keys. I don't think you can do smething likke this
    without knowing what you're doing, that is without knowing SSL...

    Hope it helps!

    Paolo, Sep 7, 2006

  3. Hansen wrote:
    > Does anyone have an example on how to make a SSL connection in c++?
    > I've tried Google, but didn't find any useful information. But must
    > admit, that I'm not sure what to look for, since I'm new to SSL :eek:)

    "SSL connection" is undefined in C++. Perhaps you should look at
    Apache project or some such; here your question is off-topic.

    Victor Bazarov, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Hansen

    Default User Guest

    Paolo wrote:

    > You need to know the messages that SSL uses, and then open a tcp
    > connection to the appropriate port, which is 443. You need to have
    > private and public keys. I don't think you can do smething likke this
    > without knowing what you're doing, that is without knowing SSL...

    newsgroup, or the group FAQ list:
    <http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html>

    None of that has to do with standard C++, the topic of this newsgroup.
    In particular, the methods for doing that vary by implementation. The
    OP needs to find a newsgroup dedicated to his platform.

    Brian
    Default User, Sep 7, 2006