SSL connection example

Hansen

Hi!

Does anyone have an example on how to make a SSL connection in c++?
I've tried Google, but didn't find any useful information. But must admit,
that I'm not sure what to look for, since I'm new to SSL :eek:)

Best Regards
Hansen

Paolo

You need to know the messages that SSL uses, and then open a tcp
connection to the appropriate port, which is 443. You need to have
private and public keys. I don't think you can do smething likke this
without knowing what you're doing, that is without knowing SSL...

Hope it helps!

Hansen ha scritto:

Victor Bazarov

Hansen said:
Does anyone have an example on how to make a SSL connection in c++?
I've tried Google, but didn't find any useful information. But must
admit, that I'm not sure what to look for, since I'm new to SSL :eek:)

"SSL connection" is undefined in C++. Perhaps you should look at
Apache project or some such; here your question is off-topic.

Default User

Paolo said:
You need to know the messages that SSL uses, and then open a tcp
connection to the appropriate port, which is 443. You need to have
private and public keys. I don't think you can do smething likke this
without knowing what you're doing, that is without knowing SSL...

newsgroup, or the group FAQ list:
<http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html>

None of that has to do with standard C++, the topic of this newsgroup.
In particular, the methods for doing that vary by implementation. The
OP needs to find a newsgroup dedicated to his platform.

Brian