SSL or Not SSL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stuart Ferguson, Jun 24, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I currenty am in the middle of developing a web application that is run
    under https.

    What I want to do is as follows:

    1) Login page to run under HTTPS.
    2) Once logged in redirect to main site running under HTTP.

    The problem I feel am going to encounter is that due to the fact Im
    using 2 sites is how to get the
    authentication details between the 2 sites

    Is there a recognised technique for doing this and if this is the case
    can anyone point me in the
    direction of a tutorial to do this?

    Best wishes

    Stuart