Started a new job in web development and now considering resigning after 6 working days.

Reaction score
I have recently started a programming job. It went well for the first few days. My boss gave me 2 programming tasks over 4 working days to complete. The first task was to code a feature in their custom CMS. There was no documentation and comments about the code. I asked him a question and he never got back to me with an answer. I had to figure things out on my own. I failed at this and could not code the feature. The second task was to find and fix the errors he had made. When I had told him that I cannot find the error, he had sat at my PC and fixed it himself. While fixing it, he broke something else in the logic and he told me to find the error and fix it, which I also struggled to do. I was then called in for a meeting to discuss my slow progress. In the meeting, I had told him that it's been a while since I've programmed in the language in use. But all he said was that I need to spend time after work and on weekends to catch up. He even went on to saying that he coded a feature in one night. I think that statement was just to boast about himself. I feel like crap and planning on resigning with immediate effect. Should I take responsibility, or should I leave?

Ask a Question