    Is that true? Is there an automated way of doing it?
    I know these are a lot of newbie questions, so I hope you don't mind.

    Thanks

    Victory, Dec 27, 2007

  2. Victory

    zara Guest

    On Dec 26, 11:32 pm, Victory <> wrote:
    > Starting a blog - what do I do about feeds?
    >
    > I am starting a blog and notice that there are quite a few "feed"
    > places like Yahoo, Odeo, feedburner etc. Is there a way to
    > automatically update each time a new blog or video is put up?
    > I remember someone saying that you have to re-write the XML each time
    > there is an update.
    > Is that true? Is there an automated way of doing it?
    > I know these are a lot of newbie questions, so I hope you don't mind.
    >
    > Thanks

    Feed publishers like Blogger, WordPress, TypePad, and others provide
    the tools as well as the space. If you're self-hosting it, though,
    you're SOL. Not only that, you're not going to get listed with Yahoo!
    and Odeo, et. al. You have to join them. Membership hath its
    privileges (though in this case, "privilege" might be overstating).

    zara, Dec 28, 2007

  3. Victory

    Victory Guest

    I am going with a hosting company that includes the Wordpress in its
    hosting package. But what about the xml file? do I need to keep
    updating it? Do I need to go to all of the feed places and input my
    xml file there? Isn't there an automated way of doing it?

    Victory, Dec 28, 2007