Starting a blog - what do I do about feeds?

Victory

Starting a blog - what do I do about feeds?

I am starting a blog and notice that there are quite a few "feed"
places like Yahoo, Odeo, feedburner etc. Is there a way to
automatically update each time a new blog or video is put up?
I remember someone saying that you have to re-write the XML each time
there is an update.
Is that true? Is there an automated way of doing it?
I know these are a lot of newbie questions, so I hope you don't mind.

Thanks

zara

Starting a blog - what do I do about feeds?

I am starting a blog and notice that there are quite a few "feed"
places like Yahoo, Odeo, feedburner etc. Is there a way to
automatically update each time a new blog or video is put up?
I remember someone saying that you have to re-write the XML each time
there is an update.
Is that true? Is there an automated way of doing it?
I know these are a lot of newbie questions, so I hope you don't mind.

Thanks

Feed publishers like Blogger, WordPress, TypePad, and others provide
the tools as well as the space. If you're self-hosting it, though,
you're SOL. Not only that, you're not going to get listed with Yahoo!
and Odeo, et. al. You have to join them. Membership hath its
privileges (though in this case, "privilege" might be overstating).

Victory

I am going with a hosting company that includes the Wordpress in its
hosting package. But what about the xml file? do I need to keep
updating it? Do I need to go to all of the feed places and input my
xml file there? Isn't there an automated way of doing it?