stdint.h

Mikail Dellovich

stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
9(sparc) system.

How do I rectify this situation?

Thanks

Jim Langston

Mikail Dellovich said:
stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
9(sparc) system.

How do I rectify this situation?

I don't know what stdint.h is, but are you sure it's not <stdint> ?

Ian Collins

Mikail said:
stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
9(sparc) system.

How do I rectify this situation?
Upgrade and/or install Studio 11.

Follow-up set.

Martin Ambuhl

Mikail said:
stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
9(sparc) system.

How do I rectify this situation?

By writing your own.

Keith Thompson

Jim Langston said:
I don't know what stdint.h is, but are you sure it's not <stdint> ?

<stdint.h> is a standard C header, introduced by the C99 standard.
(Note that the question was cross-posted to comp.unix.solaris,
comp.lang.c, and comp.lang.c++.)

Richard Heathfield

Mikail Dellovich said:
stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
9(sparc) system.

How do I rectify this situation?

The easiest way is simply not to write code that requires stdint.h -
then it doesn't matter whether it's there or not.

websnarf

stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
9(sparc) system.

How do I rectify this situation?

Can you try this:

http://www.pobox.com/~qed/pstdint.h

I am not aware of the status with respect to testing on older Sparc
systems. I'd be curious to know how it turns out. Hopefully, even if
its not quite right, it should be fairly easy to whip it into shape.

Alan Coopersmith

|stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
|9(sparc) system.
|
|How do I rectify this situation?

If you need C99 compliance, the solution is easy - upgrade to Solaris
10 on all your systems.

Staf Wagemakers

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.unix.solaris.]
|stdint.h exists on my Solaris 10(sparc) system but not on my Solaris
|9(sparc) system.
|
|How do I rectify this situation?

If you need C99 compliance, the solution is easy - upgrade to Solaris
10 on all your systems.

On solaris 9 you can use "<inttypes.h>".

regards,