Stock, Financial Charts: JFreeChart vs JCharts

skinnychineseguy

Hi,

I need to do some stock charts with multiple indicators such as volume
bars, multiple indicators, candlestick bars, neat labeling, etc. I've
heard of 2 open source libraries JCharts and JFreeChart but from their
simple samples, I'm not sure if they can do the job, and I don't see
very promising commercial stock/financial charting libraries for java
either, while it seems Delphi, .NET have libraries where you might have
to pay, but there seems to exist good libraries.

Has anyone done fairly complicated stock charting in java? What library
do you use, which is better JCharts or JFreeChart, is there some other
solution, which is easier to extend? I'm afraid it'd be too much work
for me to write my own from scratch, especially with my limited
graphics programming.