Stop ObjectDataSource from refreshing when CustomValidator is false

Don

I have a page with a GridView that uses an ObjectDataSource. The user
can change some parameters on the page and refresh the GridView with a
button click. One of the parameters has a CustomValidator that uses
server side logic to determine if the value is valid.
When the value is invalid my validator displays but the GridView still
refreshes. I think this is because a GridView bound to an
ObjectDataSource always refreshes when any postback is performed. How
can I stop it?

Thanks,
Don

Don

I use client side validation when I can. In this case, I need server
side because I need to use a server side object that queries the
database and applies some business logic.