Stopping an onMouseDown process when the mouse is up

stef

Hello:

I would like a process to continue as long as the mouse is held down on
a button and to stop as soon as it is released. Something ideally like
this:
"while (ButtonIsDown) {i+ = 1}"

I tried the following in the button tag:

onMouseDown = "isDown = true; while(isDown) {i+=1}"
onMouseUp = "isDown = false"

but the mouseup event does not interrupt the onMouseDown process, so the
loop will continue endlessly.

The same kind of thing happens in the <body> events; one will not
interrupt the other.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

(e-mail address removed)

stef

RobG said:
Your followup-to field appears to be incorreclty set.

This thread covers it (seach for "onmousedown is not what I expect"):

Hello:

Thanks for the information - using the timeout as suggested in the
thread you mention completely solves my problem!

Stef