Storage of Data

Samuel Shulman

I need to store the data in the dataview so user will be able to sort the
data in the GridView control

The question is where, storing in the ViewState property will mean that the
entire list will be downloaded and uploaded each time

Storing in the Cache or the Session object will mean that if the user will
open 2 windows then I may send them the wrong information

What is then the solution?

Thank you in advance
Samuel

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

if you use cookies to store your session key, then you run into this issue.
you should use transaction keys you use to track data in the session. as
here are some issues you need to handle

1) refresh of current page
2) multiple submit of same page

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)