stored proc probs..

Rob Eventine

hi all,
how does one go about changing the details in the aspnetdb dbase using
the supplied stored procs?

i am using vb as my language but i have no idea how to use them, how to call
them or whatever.. i got the book sql in 24 hours and that made things worse
as i really dont understand where the calls go?

ANY help or code snippets would be a REAL big help..

thanks in advance...

Big thanks...

OHM \( One Handed Man \)

You can think of a stored proc as a prefefined set of instructions. These
can be called by setting up a command object with the parameters required
by the stored proc. If you use the wizards for generating a datasource on
your page, this will give you the option to add a stored proc and set up
your parameters. For example, you may have a stored proc called highest
score which looks at all the players who play and how many goals they score.
The parameters you pass could be something like. @FixtureDate , @TeamName
etc and it could return a table of top scoring players for a team or all
teams.

You can optionally use SQL Server Management Studio to manage your database,
with some simplier operations available from within visual studio itself.

HTH