Storing a library in a .jar with eclipse

Martin Gerner

Hi,

This is more a question regarding Eclipse than Java, but since I couldn't
find any group for eclipse and a google search didn't give me anything,
here goes..

(I should also note that I am very new to eclipse - I have earlier used
netbeans, and it is very different..)

I have a .jar file containing a bunch of .class files for connecting to a
mysql database.
I have made a java program that uses these classes and does some stuff.

I would like to create a .jar file which contains my program and the mysql
class files, so that somebody wanting to use the program would only need
that one jar file. And I would like to do this in some automatical way,
without editing the .jar file manually (with winrar) afterwards.

Should I add the mysql .jar to my project as an 'external archive', or as a
'library'? Or extraxt it and put it in my source folder? output folder?

It feels like I've tried every possibility I've found, and none seem to
work.

I would greatly appreciate any help in this matter.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Martin said:
This is more a question regarding Eclipse than Java, but since I couldn't
find any group for eclipse and a google search didn't give me anything,
here goes..

www.eclipse.org as a google search very likely has brought up.

/Thomas