Storing/passing variables

Carly

Hi,

I work in Visual Basic .NET 2002 using ASP.NET.
I am wondering what would be the best way to store/pass variables
between pages.
(Sessions are sooo simple to use but I hear they are not the best....).
Having a class with static parameters????
Having a class that all the pages inherit???
(These last 2 ideas are coming from the news group but I do not quite
understand them).

Thanks,

Carly

John Timney \( MVP \)

There isn't a best way, unfortunately its whats best for your application.
I like session, as long as its not going to be used really heavily its
perfect and very easy, you need to consider the amount of data stored and
the potential traffic to the site so you dont end up limiting your sites
performance. I prefer to use Public Property Values if I dont have much to
data to work with. Of course it gets more complicated if your passing
values between applications as well as pages.

Good read here to help you.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6c3yckfw.aspx