    this error during the night and have been unable to get the error to repeat.

    Cheers

    Lord0
    Lord0, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Lord0

    phaylon Guest

    Lord0 wrote:

    > We were running a CRON job, which does not use URI::URL, which failed with
    > this error during the night and have been unable to get the error to
    > repeat.

    Maybe it meant the connectstring for MySQL?

    hth,

    http://www.dunkelheit.at/
    Das Tor zur Dunkelheit schwingt nur in eine Richtung...
    phaylon, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Lord0 wrote:

    > Any reason why DBI (DBD::mySQL) would/might throw this error?
    >
    > "Unknown URI::URL Schema"
    >
    > We were running a CRON job, which does not use URI::URL, which failed with
    > this error during the night and have been unable to get the error to
    > repeat.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Lord0

    Probably invalid user/db/password. It causes strange problems.

    gtoomey
    Gregory Toomey, Jan 13, 2005
  4. Lord0

    Lord0 Guest

    >> We were running a CRON job, which does not use URI::URL, which failed
    >> with
    >> this error during the night and have been unable to get the error to
    >> repeat.

    > Maybe it meant the connectstring for MySQL?

    Nah - it couldn't have been cos the connection params have hardcoded into it
    for ages..........
    Lord0, Jan 13, 2005
  5. Lord0

    Lord0 Guest

    >> Any reason why DBI (DBD::mySQL) would/might throw this error?
    >>
    >> "Unknown URI::URL Schema"
    >>
    >> We were running a CRON job, which does not use URI::URL, which failed
    >> with
    >> this error during the night and have been unable to get the error to
    >> repeat.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> Lord0

    > Probably invalid user/db/password. It causes strange problems.

    I don't think so as the connection parameters are hard coded and have not
    been changed in ages. Maybe it's indicative of a problem with the DB server?
    Lord0, Jan 13, 2005
  6. Lord0

    phaylon Guest

    Lord0 wrote:

    > I don't think so as the connection parameters are hard coded and have not
    > been changed in ages.

    You should have got a filename and linenumber with that error. Check the
    area around (the "calling-chain"[1]) that point, maybe you find out more.
    As long as we don't know your code, it's really hard to give hints.

    [1] Sry, Unable to find technical term for 'calling-chain'
    in post at line 7.

    --
    http://www.dunkelheit.at/
    I want, therefore I can.