strange error in cgi script using sendmail

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by sstark, May 29, 2007.

  1. sstark

    sstark Guest

    Recently I started receiving the following error in my CGI scripts,
    which contain a sendmail call:

    prog_map_lookup(scriptfilter): child died on signal 25

    These scripts have been running fine for years and suddenly this
    started happening. The bottom line, of course, is that I get an
    Internal Server Error every time someone tries to use one of the
    scripts from a web browser. Any idea what this error means?

    Here's a typical snippet from one of my scripts that is suddenly
    producing this error.

    open(MAIL, "|/usr/sbin/sendmail -t $mailto")
    || on_error("Can't open mail program.");
    print MAIL "To: $mailto\n";
    print MAIL "From: Tester McProblem <$mailfrom>\n";
    print MAIL "Subject: email test\n\n";

    print MAIL "\nBody of test message\n";

    close(MAIL);

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Scott Stark
    sstark, May 29, 2007

  2. sstark

    sstark Guest

    Thanks for the explanation Chris! That's very helpful knowing it's
    some error with my ISP.

    Scott

    sstark, May 30, 2007