strange exception

asd

Hi all,

I am trying to run an application and the error that I get is as
follows:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
javax/xml/transform/TransformerException (Unsupported major.minor
version 48.0)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at nct.front.NCTUserFront.setInputParams(NCTUserFront.java:74)
at nct.front.NCTCLIFront.validateInput(NCTCLIMain.java:216)
at nct.front.NCTCLIMain.main(NCTCLIMain.java:32)

I dont have any clue what this problem is about.

Please help me asap.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
ASD

Thomas Weidenfeller

asd said:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
javax/xml/transform/TransformerException (Unsupported major.minor
version 48.0)

Your VM is older than the compiler (a Java 1.5 compiler) which was used
to compile the class. Check if you don't have an old VM in your path by
accident.
Please help me asap.

Usenet is not the place to go if you need well defined response times.

/Thomas

RC

asd said:
I am trying to run an application and the error that I get is as
follows:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
javax/xml/transform/TransformerException (Unsupported major.minor
version 48.0)

Because you compiled Your.java with Java 1.5 and you
port Your.class to other machine. That machine has installed
Java 1.4.x only.

So you need to compiled with -source option

javac -source 1.4 Your.java

Then you can run Your.class in both machines.

Or upgrade all your machines to Java 1.5

Skip

Thomas Weidenfeller said:
Your VM is older than the compiler (a Java 1.5 compiler) which was used
to compile the class. Check if you don't have an old VM in your path by
accident.

I'm quite sure java 1.4 has 48.0 and java 1.5 has 49.0, so he must be
running something like 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3, while loading 1.4 classes.

Roedy Green

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:

see http://mindprod.com/java/runerrormessages.html
The solution is uninstall all your jdks, remove vestiges and start
over reinstalling is ascending order.

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Skip said:
I'm quite sure java 1.4 has 48.0 and java 1.5 has 49.0, so he must be
running something like 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3, while loading 1.4 classes.

Oh, it looks as if I have lost track of the class file formats
somewhere. For whatever reason I thought 1.4 had 46.0. Anyhow, I think
we agree that the OP runs a VM which is to old for his classes.

/Thomas