strange java error with geoserver

Jedrin

I am using geoserver and I started to get a strange java error
message. I did some google searches for
'java.io.IOException: FULL head' which led me to think this could be
an obtuse problem. I had posted this on the geoserver users group, but
it is a small forum for one.

Any help would be appreciated even as to what to try or google search
for as I am somewhat lost on this. My original post for geoserver
forum is below - thanks

===================================

I had geoserver working fine for a couple months serving WMS and WFS
content on my site through postgress that I had been working with.
Today all
of a sudden the content no longer shows on the map and I started
getting the
http 404 error below from here when I try to go to the geoserver
itself:
http://myhost:8080/

Error 404 - Not Found. No context on this server matched or handled
this
request.
Contexts known to this server are:

-
/javadoc --->
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context@48ff68{/javadoc,file:/usr/local/
geoserver/javadoc}<http://grp106-katana.llan.ll.mit.edu:8080/javadoc>
-
/geoserver --->
org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext@781046{/geoserver,file:/usr/
local/geoserver/webapps/geoserver/}<http://grp106-
katana.llan.ll.mit.edu:8080/geoserver>

=======================

If I go to http://myhost:8080/geoserver or
http://myhost:8080/geoserver/web
it show nothing in the browser and the console log shows:

3084081 [btpool0-8] WARN org.mortbay.log - handle failed
java.io.IOException: FULL head
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:276)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:205)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:
395)
at
org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool
$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

Jedrin

<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JETTY-336>

Did you find this one?
I'm sure I don't know what it means re your problem.

I was aware that there are various strange bugs that have the same
stack dump.

I have been using a centos 4.7 or some such and had some other odd
problem trying to upgrade firefox and am wondering if I should switch
to fedora and maybe that will help. Other than that I'm not sure what
to do. It seems possible the error occurs in some java binary code so
I can't analyze the source code, still need to look at that some more
maybe.

This also illustrates a problem regarding using geoserver which is a
critical part of the architecture for serving WMS styled xml from
postgress/postgis database tables, something that seems difficult to
do any other way, but if it has the potential of bombing out like this
it scares me a bit. The best thing I can recommend is that when it is
deployed, try to dedicate a machine to run geoserver and don't upgrade
it's software components where not critical .. I had recently tried to
install some wiki software and sometime after that the problem
occured, not sure if it's related, one was tracwiki which is python
based and uses easy_install, the other was various instiwki packages,
which is ruby