Strange Linker Error

Derek Baker

This code gives an error:

ySplitter = max(NewySplitter, cySplitter); // Line 1028
ySplitter = min(ySplitter, cyClient- cyStatus- cySplitter);

C:/Documents and Settings/Derek/My Documents/My
Code/Windows/DBClip/App.cpp:1028: undefined reference to `App::cySplitter'

How can it accept the use of that member on line 1029 and elsewhere, but
refuse it there?

Thanks in advance

Victor Bazarov

Derek said:
This code gives an error:

ySplitter = max(NewySplitter, cySplitter); // Line 1028
ySplitter = min(ySplitter, cyClient- cyStatus- cySplitter);

C:/Documents and Settings/Derek/My Documents/My
Code/Windows/DBClip/App.cpp:1028: undefined reference to `App::cySplitter'

How can it accept the use of that member on line 1029 and elsewhere, but
refuse it there?

It doesn't accept it on 1029. "Undefined reference to <symbolname>" is
usually only reported _once_ per _scope_.

Victor

Derek Baker

Derek said:
This code gives an error:

ySplitter = max(NewySplitter, cySplitter); // Line 1028
ySplitter = min(ySplitter, cyClient- cyStatus- cySplitter);

C:/Documents and Settings/Derek/My Documents/My
Code/Windows/DBClip/App.cpp:1028: undefined reference to
`App::cySplitter'

How can it accept the use of that member on line 1029 and elsewhere,
but refuse it there?

Thanks in advance

Nevermind:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1083315&forum_id=48211

Derek Baker

Victor said:
It doesn't accept it on 1029. "Undefined reference to <symbolname>"
is usually only reported _once_ per _scope_.

Victor

Are you sure? If I commented out 1028 it did compile.