Strange .NET garbage collector problem

shiretu

Hi,

I have a standalone application that reads ~40.000 rows from a database
and put them in a ListView control. After reading the data, my app
allocated ~300 MB memory. And stays this way even after a long period
of time!!! Now, if a minimize the app, the used memory drops to 1 or 2
MB. Maximize the app and it will eat up to 4 MB. The app works
PERFECTLY with or without the 300MB of memory allocated with all the
data scrollable and visible. Why is that?

The method used to populate the list is VERY SIMPLE: read the data from
the resultset one by one and put it in the list in a while loop.