Strange problem!!(it is, atleast to me!!)

P R Sen

Although, this is not a programming or development problem instead its
an end user problem which im facing and thought programmers /
developers could help.

--
I have Win XP SP2, JRE 1.5 installed with IE. Now for certain sites my
applets dont refresh after i click them (well ofcourse i click where a

The error i see on the console- " java.lang.NullpointerException Could
not send message".

I know the error wouldn be of much use but hope the explanation of the
problem may have some solutions.

Kindly help me.

Alex Kizub

I have Win XP SP2, JRE 1.5 installed with IE. Now for certain sites my

Read what SP2 is.
It just blocked all ports. And, of course you cannot esatblish any
connection.
You should manually allow XP SP2 open particular ports.
Which ones and how I don't know and don't want to know because I'll never
use this SP2.
That's my suggestion for you too.

Alex Kizub.

Andrew Thompson

Although, this is not a programming or development problem instead its
an end user problem which im facing and thought programmers /
developers could help.

Please note, the characters '-- ' are udes as a 'signature delimiter'
in usenet posts, many news clients will delete anything after them when
replying , or sometimes even for reading. Please use the sig. delimiter
only above signatures..

Repasting part of deleted text...
I have Win XP SP2,
*

..JRE 1.5 installed with IE. Now for certain sites

(An example) URL?
..my applets

What do you mean 'your applets'? Did you write them?
..dont refresh after i click them ..

Define 'refresh'? What are they supposed to do exactly?

* SP2 introduced a pop-up killer that is wreaking havoc
with apps. designed around pop-up windows. The 'fix' is
to redesign the app.

Please don't cross-post between c.l.j.p. and c.l.j.h., as
they are very different groups. Follow-Ups set to c.l.j.help.