Strange problem with AJAX and repeater

Lloyd Sheen

I have a repeater in which there can be a table cell that has either one or
two lines (sep by /br). If the second line would be the same in all
occurences of the repeater then the second line is not shown. This is done
using a placeholder which either gets a </br> or string.empty.

This works fine. Now in the repeater there is a button which will cause the
file selected to play. I use Javascript for this which works fine. I also
have a server event that occurs when the file is played which logs the
event.

The problem is that when the repeater contains data in which the second line
is not the same for all entries. The second line is displayed under the
first as designed no problem. I then "play" the file and the postback to
the server is causing the input to change to remove the </br> such that the
first and second line now show on one line.

Since I am using AJAX I cannot look at the underlying source of the page. I
have put breakpoints into the code and there is no code executed to refresh
the repeater.

Removing the postback when the ImageButton that causes the file to "play"
does not change this behaviour.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lloyd Sheen