Strange StringBuilder behaviour when composing Email

Guest

Hi

I am using StringBuilder to compose an email. The body of email consists of
a table for which data has to be taken fron SQL Server.

I use append method to add text to the StringBuilder variable. When I am
finished I call ToString function to get the string.

The problem is that many times, it changes the text I appended to it. Like
when I appended

ABC<BR>6<BR>5<BR>05</FONT></TH>

it changed to

<TH vAlign=top noWrap width=30><FONT face=Arial size=2 r="#ffffff"
colo>ABC<BR>6<BR>5<BR>05</FONT></TH>

I tried using the String instead of StringBuilder but the problem is still
there.

Please help me.

Seraph

Could you please post the code for this? It could be a logic error? I'm
interested in seeing the code first, though...

Guest

here is simplified version of my code

Public Sub GetEmailBody(ByRef strHTMLMessage As StringBuilder)

Dim strQuery As String
Dim Adodc1 As ADODB.Recordset
strHTMLMessage.Remove(0, strHTMLMessage.Length)

' create HTML message
& "<style type=""text/css"">th {color:
#ffffff;font: bold 12px arial} td.b {color: #ffffff;font: bold 12px arial}
& "<table align=center border=1 cellspacing=0
cellpadding=1 style='border-collapse: collapse' bordercolor=#777777>" _
& "<tr bgcolor=#ff0000>" _
& "<th nowrap valign=top align=left
width=200>col1</th>" _
& "<th valign=top>col2</th>" _

Adodc1 = New ADODB.Recordset

Dim strQuery As String = "SELECT * FROM sample"

' conn is global Adodb.Connection
Adodc1.Open(strQuery, conn)

If Not Adodc1.EOF Then

Do Until Adodc1.EOF

strHTMLMessage.Append(vbCrLf & "<tr bgcolor=#ffcccc>")

strHTMLMessage.Append("<td nowrap align=left>" &
tmpPlay.StationName & "</td><td nowrap align=left>" &
tmpPlay.PresentationRegion & "</td>")

loop

strHTMLMessage.Append("</tr>")

Next

' end of table
strHTMLMessage.Append("</table>")
strHTMLMessage.Append("</body></html>")

End Sub

Public Sub SendEmail()

Dim strBody As New StringBuilder

Dim mailmsg As CDO.Message
Dim Conf As CDO.Configuration
mailmsg = New CDO.Message
mailmsg.Configuration.Load(CDO.CdoConfigSource.cdoIIS)

eMailFrom = "(e-mail address removed)"

GetEmailBody(strBody)
eMailSubject = "testing"

With mailmsg